STATE FARM'S HEAD ON A PLATTER
What Gulf Coast Congressman Gene Taylor wanted the Easter Bunny to bring him.
South Mississippi Living 4/07

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Commercial insurance rates will crush small businesses

Letter to the Editor


Your article of July 18 hit the nail squarely on the head.

For my small enterprise, a 300 percent increase in rates just passed across my desk. And it gets better. Due to the age of my office structure, I was forced into the wind pool, despite my loyal payments and minimal Katrina damage. No more fence insurance available either, unless I resort to the pool at much higher rates. The sad part is that I can't afford enough coverage for total replacement.

This stings. It will hurt my business, my employees, and - when compounded by the fact that every other small business is facing the same hurdle - it will hurt South Mississippi.

In the words of Congressman Gene Taylor: "People who played by the rules and expected insurance companies to play by the same rules got screwed."

JIMMY MILLER
Gulfport

Published in Sun Herald on July 26, 2007.

Return to A.M. in the Morning! Home

No comments: